When it comes to representing your motto or brand there is such a thing as bad publicity. Recruiters say it takes them a mere 6 seconds to scan a CV to decide if they want to read it or not, if that person will make it to a possible interview or directly into the NO automated email: “although you have an impressive background we have decided to go with someone more suited for the position”. It is up to a 6 seconds or less decision.
This eye-catching seconds scan has also been transferred to other mediums, most importantly the Animation format. As video, photos and images has become one of the most important tools of social media and communication, it is here to stay.
Why use words when you can use animation?
Did you know: 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video.
Many Start-Up’s and businesses have officially adopted the video/animation for several reasons. The main one was to introduce the company; this has changed drastically from a live action nervous CEO sitting behind a plain desk, with a bad recording to a more “sophisticated” interactive: “come in and see our offices” in real time filmed with a Go-pro camera.
Times have moved on as social media has embraced other tools. Websites have become more practical and companies have adopted that common sense. In 2018, 68% of people have been using videos for their business for less than a year, and 18% of people for about 2 years.
Today, videos are used not only to enhance the website and explain things that would make easier with images, sounds and graphics, but to add value to your business by:
- Videos establish trust with potential clients and investors, it is a legitimate 6 seconds scan that can decide if your business is a good CV or not. Did you know: 86% are pleased with their video marketing results and consider them successful.
- Videos increase your conversion rate, anywhere from 15% to 50%. Conversion Rate is the percentage of visitors who take a desired action. Did you know: 71% of businesses claim that videos help to increase the time people spend on their websites.
- If you are looking for investment / crowdfunding for your business, making a professional video shows you are serious. Did you know: 86% of the participants said that videos helped them to increase their brand awareness.
- If your product requires a visual demonstration than there is nothing better than a visual aid. Did you know: 70% also generated more leads after using videos and 54% saw an increase in sales.
- If your social media efforts are not bringing you the desired traffic, planning, posting and sharing a fun and pertinent video to your website/social media can perk up your numbers and breathe life into your business. Did you know: 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand video.
- In-House vs Agency: The In-House team is the Creative department or a set of people assigned that works full-time for that company and knows your brand inside and out. Did you know: 70% of the users create videos with the help of online video maker platforms, 20% keep their own design team, and the 10% hire digital agencies.
Usually the argument for having an In-House team is that you will have creative control and it will be cost effective which are great reasons to have a creative team, but when talking about a bespoke type of video such as Animation, there are important arguments on why outsourcing is the right choice.
You are hiring specialized work. The agency will offer you the best and newest tools and creatives and they will be at your disposition.
Animation has a longer shelf-life than live action film.
Animation can also be adapted to different languages and it is easier to dub than a live action film.
With Animation you can tell creative, fun and crazy stories.
Animation simplifies complex stories, topics or products.
In the competitive environment of social media, Animation is a way to cut through the noise and get your viewer attention.
Hiring an agency will unburden your team.
The Agency will deliver the job on time.
It needs to pass the “6 seconds eye scan,” people need to engage and the competition is tough, only 55% of people consume video content thoroughly.
If video and text are both available on the same page, 72% of people will watch the video to learn about a product or service rather than read the text.
What are your thoughts on using Animation for your next video?
- Having a video thumbnail in the search results can double your search traffic.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Video will represent 82% of all IP traffic in 2021.
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers.
- 81% of marketers are optimizing their social videos for mobile viewership.
- 32% of consumers engage with branded video on YouTube.
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
- People pay attention to video content whereas they skim or multitask written content and podcasts.
- Millennial consumers show the strongest preference for video content from brands.
- 99% of marketers who already use video say they’ll continue to do so in 2018.
- 81% of consumers mute video ads.
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start in 2018.
- By 2021, the video advertising will grow to a $22 billion industry.