So…you have a mobile app, great! Do you have the users? No? It’s probably because of those boring screenshots and written paragraphs explaining the application. I mean come-on, we are not in the 1990s anymore! Videos demoing mobile applications are trending and VERY popular.
The following are a few reasons your mobile app needs this demo video I’ve been talking about. So, without further ado, here is why:
1. Saturated App Market. Let’s face it…there are a lot of mobile applications out there doing whatever it takes for users to download their application over yours. Videos sell products quicker because users can actually see the product in action. Viewers are more likely to purchase a product after they have seen a video on it.
2. Share-ability. Videos get shared quicker than written content does. You can gain a larger reach quicker with a video. How many times do you click on a video a friend posts on his/her wall? You probably have one loading right now.
3. Searchable. Google loves videos and so do app review websites. You’re more searchable with a video…and if you’re more searchable, you’ll probably get more customers.
4. Validity. Mobile applications that have videos demoing the app relieve doubts about the product. Written paragraphs can be misleading, but can you deny visual proof?
5. Showcasing. Not only will the mobile app video showcase your creative application, but it will also provide the viewer with a perception of your company — that will play a factor if they follow your company and download your future apps.