We always talk about how a company can use a video for branding, and how video promotion can fully explain a product or service. But what about for your personal brand? In today’s world, there are so many people that have branded themselves as “the travel guy” or “the finance girl”, so how can web video advertising help this process out?
1. Video can Tell your Personal Story. We always stress how consumers are engaged by storytelling, more than rambling text, so use a video to tell your personal story. How did you become to be the economy guru that you are? Instead of writing an essay, tell the story yourself so viewers can match a face to the fame.
2. Video can Show off your Skills. Maybe you’re the magician, and you want to show how good you are at tricks. Great, make a video doing some complicated magic, rather than just tell us…because we probably won’t believe it, unless we see it.
3. Video can Give a Behind the Scenes. What is your day-to-day like? Are you “the socialite” (yikes), well, even so, give us a behind the scenes look at your glamorous life. Don’t just tell us all the celebrities you know, show us.
4. Video can Teach us your Skills. If you are the finance guru, give us a video workshop on 5 ways we can cut our credit card bills down. Use a video tutorial to teach your viewers how to use your skill. Especially if you can cut down my credit card balance…that I’d like to know.
5. Video can show us that People like you! Make video customer testimonials, instead of text. If we see someone like us who liked your offerings, then we are more likely to want to try it ourselves.
Online video marketing is also easily distributed over social networks. Use Viddy or SocialCam to post a 15 second teaser of your site on Facebook. If it’s good, you’ll be surprised how many hits you can get this way.