Did you know: that the Kaiser Family Foundation, made a survey to see how the people understood how the health coverage works? This study was made in the USA in 2014. KFF were astounded by the results and found out that more than four in ten uninsured don’t know basic health insurance terms, fewer understand complex coverage concepts. Their solution? To inform and educate via the creation of an Animated video with the option of two languages.
As you can imagine, Health Insurance can be an ever changing subject, and Animation is the perfect tool to clarify intricate but extremely important information.
But health insurance isn’t the only healthcare field to be gaining Animated videos, there are others benefiting from it:
- Visualizing the Mechanism: Complexities of Science & Human Anatomy
- Showcasing Product Features, Benefits and Advantages, Engaging & Communicating Brand as the Product of Choice
- Introduction of Latest Technology and Research
- Creating Long-Term Brand Visibility & Awareness
- Sustainability: The Rise of Social Media, Mobile Apps & Digital Media
Did you know: Communicating information about health research via Animation improved participants’ ability to identify personal information-gaps, engage in meaningful community-level dialogue, and ask questions about health research?
Animated videos have been found to be effective in providing information, particularly for minority populations with low health literacy.
THERE ARE VIRTUALLY NO NEGATIVE RESULTS:
It is pretty much impossible to find negative results in the surveys conducted by the American Health Care industry, the NIH (National Institutes of Health) and others, regarding the use of Animation. Using Animation has revolutionized the healthcare industry.
A Focus Group among US minorities citizens was performed to get feedback on 2 videos, one was an Animated video as a tool for Healthcare and the other was a live video with the same script. The overall study demonstrated that the Animation video was not only preferred and kept the group engaged, but it inspired some of them to make these comments:
PREFERENCE FOR ANIMATION:
“Animated was way better. I don’t know why, just because – It was more lively.” – Latino.
“I think if it would have been live people, I would have been going, oh, boring. Because if it would have been live, [I would have thought this] dude is full of BS. So I thought it was better, the animation.” – Latino.
“I think they drew the characters well. They looked like what they were supposed, and I think the colors were attractive.”
– Native Hawaiian
ACCESSIBILITY OF CONTENT:
“If anything, like how they was having the conversation and stuff like that was very open, you know, for everybody to understand.”
– Native Hawaiian.
“It explained the benefits of what participating in the research would do. It was short, to the point. It was a good representation of the different ethnic groups, at least for this country. It was just very clear, simple, and easy to understand and follow.”
– African American
(General rendering of the characters across groups, especially the coloring, accent, and the ethnicity.)
“I thought it was characterized right because just with different entities and you could tell which one had an accent and all that, so that was cool.” – Latina
“I liked it because… There wasn’t just one nationality at the table talking. There was a variety. I liked that…”
– Native Hawaiian
Did you know: In a survey done on 570 unique businesses, 85% found that animation was an important factor in their strategic marketing with 76% saying that using an explainer video has increased sales performance.
OTHER REASONS TO CONSIDER ANIMATION IN THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY:
- Animation Used to Explain Sensitive Subjects
- Educate nurses, doctors, and other providers about new practices and how to treat and prevent illness
- Explain new medications and products simply and quickly to patients, doctors, and practice administrators
- Answer the questions your patients are asking about resources, treatment plans, and more
- Teach patients how to make better wellness and lifestyle choices
- Demonstrate to patients how medications work on a molecular level
- Train patients and care providers to use medical devices and products
- Create cultural diversity in healthcare videos for your employees
- Healthcare training videos to train your staff on important topics
WHAT OTHER BENEFITS ANIMATION PROVIDES:
- 24/7 information accessibility
- Sales and Conversion
- Perfect for Social
- Language barrier
- English only – 229.7 million
- Spanish – 40.5 million
- Chinese – (including Mandarin and Cantonese) – 3.4 million
Have you looked at how Revolution Productions tackles Animated Healthcare Explainer videos? Click here to find out more.